Screening Criteria – BCI Properties – Pursuant to RCW 59.18.257
BCI is committed to providing rental homes and working with prospective tenants to find a home that fits their individual needs. Our rental criterion is a guideline to qualify prospective tenants for a rental home with BCI Properties, LLC. All individuals 18 years and older whom will be occupying the rental home or unit, must fill out a separate application. We will income qualify all prospective tenants collectively living in the same household.
- Gross income (including co- applicants) shall be a Minimum of three (3) times the full rental amount, to include but not limited to, monthly utility fees, pet rent, Risk management fees, etc.
- Documents to show proof of income must be provided prior to approval of the application.
- TANF, Food Stamps, Social Security income, disability income, child support, alimony, trust funds, etc., are all approved sources of income to qualify at the three (3) times the amount of the rent
- Twelve months of current employment or similar work field.
- Self-employed person(s) will need to show proofof income or last year’s tax return
- Twelve months of verifiable good rental history
- No evictions in the last 5 years
- No collections or outstanding money owing to another Landlord or Property Management company
- No felonies in the last five years (not applicable in the city of Seattle)
- Cannot have over $2000 in total in collections. Exemptions will be made for student loans and medical balances.
- No bankruptcies in the last five years.
You will be automatically denied if you have evictions or felonies within the last five years, open bankruptcies, money owing to previous landlord, and or no income. All applicants must provide proper identification (Driver’s license, Military I.D., Passport) and social security card prior to screening along with proof of income and a $50 screening fee. Providing false and misleading information will result in a denial of your application. If your application is denied, the landlord is required to provide you with a written notice of denial or other adverse action.
If you find you do not meet the non-disqualifying criteria you may qualify for the risk management program. The risk management program consists of a r= months’ rent, security deposit, extra $1000 on security deposit, and $100 per month added to the base rent.
Complete a separate application if co-applicant. ANY person 18 years or older must fill out a full application and agree to a Screening Investigation to be considered for tenancy even if living with a parent. Screening fee is $50/pp. Fill this out completely to avoid a delay in processing which could result in denial of tenancyAPPLICANT INFORMATION (One application per person)
Application and Consent Form – Tenant Screening
Please Print, Sign/Date and Return via email@example.com or Fax (253) 531-5358
I certify and declare under penalty of perjury under relevant state and federal law that the information contained in my leasing application is complete, true, and accurate. I acknowledge that falsification or omission of information may result in immediate dismissal or retraction of any offer of lease. Provide this fully filled out signed document with your Rental Application.
It is agreed by person signing below, that BCI PROPERTIES, LLC (herein referred to as LANDLORD or BCI) may review of my application for employment or leasing-rental check of applicants suitability for a Job or Rental. I hereby voluntarily consent to and authorize the LANDLORD, or its authorized agents bearing this release or copy thereof to whomever past employer, landlord or other person who may be of help to BCI, to obtain a consumer report for employment/leasing purposes. This is purchased by LANDLORD from a 3rd party Screening Agency and as such is Non-refundable. I agree that this consumer report may include any of the following:
- Employment Verification, Education Verification, Credentials Verification
- Personal Identity Verifications, Past Employment Verification, Reference Checks
- Criminal + Sex Offender Records, Civil Cases, Motor Vehicle Records, Credit Report etc
- PROOF of Income, three month’s paycheck stub or Bank statement. Employers may be called to verify employment
I authorize all persons and organizations that may have information relevant to this research to disclose such information to LANDLORD or its authorized agents. I hereby release LANDLORD, its authorized agents, and all persons and organizations providing information from all claims and liabilities of any nature in connection with this research. I hereby further authorize that a photocopy of this authorization may be considered as valid as the original.
I understand that I have specific prescribed rights as a consumer under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (‘FCRA’) and may have additional rights under relevant state law. I hereby certify that I have been presented with a summary of my rights as a consumer under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Fair Housing Laws.
NOTICE of MOVE-IN IONSPECTION: Applicants must do a Move-in Inspection with a check sheet provided by BCI before you sign any documents or pay any money for rent, deposit etc. BCI will do a scheduled inspection within 90 days to ensure all is good with your move in, plus every 180 days to inspect for issues that may need the attention of the owner.
NOTICE of Estimated or Pro-Rated payments disbursal: Applicant signature below signifies that it is understood and you agree that any estimated fees or charges such as for rent payment at the inception of a Lease, or deposit etc., may be re-calculated at a later time. This can cause a partial refund or added debit/charge to the applicant or tenant at a later date.
PLEASE BRING IN THE FOLLOWING NEEDED ITEMS when you apply (required)
- Screening Fee, Cashier’s Check or Money Order preferred: $50
- Photo ID: Such as a Driver’s License, Military ID, Passport or Immigration cars)
- Social Security Card or Birth Certificate.
- Proof of Income, such as check stubs, bank statement or letter from Employer.
Social Security number
Drivers license number# and State of issue